advanced USE IN ORTHODONTICS AND DENTOFACIAL ORTHOPEDICS
Ready for the Challenge?
USE OF MINI-IMPLANTS for orthodontic and orthopedic corrections
- I. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS WITH THE USE OF MINI-IMPLANTS (MI)
- II. CLINICAL AND BIOMECHANICAL APPLICATIONS
- III. CORRECTION OF TRANSVERSAL PROBLEMS
- IV. CORRECTION OF SAGGITAL PROBLEMS
- V. CORRECTION OF VERTICAL PROBLEMS
- VI. CORRECTION OF SAGITAL PROBLEMS IN COMBINATION WITH VERTICAL PROBLEMS
- VII. CORRECTION OF ASYMMETRIES
- VIII. MINI-IMPLANTS IN COMBINATION WITH ALIGNERS
- IX. OTHER CONTENTS
Hand-on in real patients in Madrid supervised by Dr. Ramón Mompell in his clinic.
PLACING MINI-IMPLANTS AND AUXILIARY ELEMENTS
- Placement of different types and sizes of MI in the different anatomical areas:
- on biomodels with real consistency of soft and hard tissues.
- on mandible and maxilla of lamb
- on mandible and maxilla of pig
- Placement of auxiliary elements on the different MI heads.
ANATOMICAL STUDY ON BIOMODELS / REAL SKULL AND PLACEMENT OF MINI PLATES
- Placement of mini-implants and mini plates of different brands for assessment by the student
- Study on the real skull of the maxillary bones and circummaxillary structures after expansion and
maxillary protraction on articulable biomodel.
INTERACTION WITH THE ONLINE PLATFORM TO REQUEST DIGITAL DESIGNS
- Interaction with the digital platform to learn how to request MSE Digital, Guidelines for Corticopunctions and Digital Guides for Mini-Implant Placement.
TREATMENT TO PATIENTS IN CLINIC OF DR. RAMÓN MOMPELL FOR PLACING MINI
IMPLANTS / MSE / MINI-PLATES
- Direct treatment by the student to Dr. Ramón Mompell’s patients or their own patients for the placement of MSE / Mini-Implants / Mini-Plates.
– Program Director, Post-Doctoral Orthodontic Program, Section Orthodontics, UCLA
– Director, International Affairs, UCLA School of Dentistry, Section of Orthodontics.
– Program Director, Combined Pediatric/Orthodontic Programs, UCLA School of Dentistry, 2004-2010
– Program Director for Southern Region, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists (PCSO), 2005-2007
– Reviewer, the Angle Orthodontist, since 2012
– Reviewer, Dental Press Journal of Orthodontics, since 2012
– Harvard School of Dental Medici- ne, D.M.D., 1989
– University of California, Irvine, BS in Mathematics, 1984
– Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Orthodontics, Dental College Hospital, Seoul National University since 2001
– Visiting faculty, Dept. of Ortho- dontics, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA since 2003
– Clinical Professor, Dept of Ortho- dontics, Samsung Hospital since 1997
– President, Korean Society of Orthodontics (KSO) in 2007-2008
– Visiting faculty, Division of Ortho- dontics, Dept. of Growth and Deve- lopment, Univ. of California, San Francisco, USA
– Chairman and Director, Dept. of Orthodontics, Chong-A Hospital, Seoul 1991-1994
– 3 National Licenses of Dentist – KOREA, JAPAN & U.S.A.(Californa)
Orthodontics. University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
DR. CHEOL-HO PAIK & DR. RAMÓN MOMPELL
BIOMODEL | DESIGNED BY DR. MOMPELL
For the realization of the Hands-On will use the biomodel designed by Dr. Mompell exclusively for this course. Thanks to this biomodel you can:
1. Analyze the real consistency of hard and soft tissues.
2. Study the different anatomical structures.
3. Place the MSE and disarticulate the model.
4. Place different micro-screws and mini-plates.
5. The model is totally radiographic to evaluate tooth structures after MI placement.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS MINI-IMPLANT COURSE
The three speakers are professors and regular collaborators of the University so they share a
similar work philosophy with both fixed appliances and aligners.
The combination of theory with hands-on in each section allows the participant to assimilate the
concepts and put them into practice.
If after the course you feel that you still need some help in your first cases, Dr. Mompell gives the
opportunity to assist you clinically in your first cases. The main objective of the course is that the
participant knows the biomechanics to use with the mini-implants and help him to include it in his
clinic in a safe and reliable way.
To enroll in the advanced course of Mini Implants, you must fill out the form with your data in the
Registration area and the following process will begin.
- Complete the Registration form
- You will receive an email with the confirmation of your registration
- Proceed to the payment in the DENTALGRAM FORMACIÓN:
IBAN account number: ES02 2038 1109 3860 0080 6095
SWIFT / BIC: CAHMESMMXXX
- Send proof of payment to email@example.com
Once the registration process is completed, you will obtain all the data to make the first payment.
Payment by Bank Transfer.
– Option 1: Reservation of your place. (1990 €) / Second payment (1500 €) / Third Payment
– Option 2: Reservation of your place. (1990 €) / Second payment (1500 €) / Third Payment
Clinical observation consists of receiving clinical help from Dr. Mompell in the installation of miniimplants, placement of the MARPE (MSE) or preparation of Invisalign’s ClinCheck for later integration with the use of mini-implants. The patient is provided by the student or by Dr. Mompell.
The procedure will be carried out at Dr. Mompell’s clinic in Madrid. The date will be agreed between Dr. Mompell and the student.